Welcome!

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Here you can find any recent work, personal updates, and random thoughts of mine. Feel free to share my posts and to comment on them. (I love comments, it lets me know I'm not writing in vein) If you would like to see the rest of my portfolio, please visit my website. I try my best to keep this updated, but if it looks neglected, please go to my Facebook fan page through my website. Thanks & enjoy!



Friday, August 17, 2012

Awaiting Sophia | Murrieta Maternity Photography

Boy, where do I start this blog? Stacy & I have so much history behind us. We have gone from crazy moshing, partying punk rockers to who we are today. From literally changing the color of our hair to another color of the rainbow every single week, recording webcam videos like it was cool, rocking out SO hard to Slayer and various other metal bands in the car...Oh my gosh. I'm seriously cracking UP right now just thinking about this! Okay but really, she has been one of my best friends since I was 15. It's just hilarious (& scary) to think of some of the things we would do as teenagers together and I often thank God for keeping me safe during my wild days. One of the major turning points in my life was becoming a mother and now it is her turn. I am so excited to share this amazing adventure as a mommy with her. She is going to be such a great mom...seriously. 

We had tried on several occasions to set up her maternity photos, and finally our schedules lined up to do so. She drove 2 hours to my house and we spent all day together. Hanging out, eating (one of our favorite past times) and shopping. <--- Another favorite. We went to the mall to finish accessorizing her outfit for her shoot and when we walked out, the 100+ degree weather had turned into 100+ gloomy, rainy, thunder & lighting weather. This was so not cool. It was totally unexpected and I was so worried that we weren't going to be able to shoot her photos. I had her get ready anyways, and we would just do our best to work around the weather, even if that meant I had to tape my camera with a plastic bag to cover it. We drove to my favorite new location and the crazy weather had stopped. It was perfect outside. The clouds gave me great lighting and at the end gave us a dramatic sunset. It couldn't have been more perfect and I give it all to God for allowing it to end up that way. 

I wanted to make these photos look whimsical & feminine and I am so happy with the way they came out. The whole time I shot, all I was saying was "Oh meh gerd!" because seriously everything looked SO breathtaking through my viewfinder.  I mean, you can't even tell we both stepped on a bunch of Stinging Nettle, can you!? (HAHA, Seriously, HORRIBLE!) The pain was worth it. I love you Stacy, and I hope you love these pictures forever and ever. Thank you for putting up with me wanting to be artsy. :) Here are my favorites. The rest can be viewed in your personal gallery.



















2 comments:

  1. Larissa I am amazed at your work and the love between you girls. I remember getting up at 2-3am hearing you girls giggle and there you two were green and blue hair taking video after video - then I would join you to watch the video's - I never laughed so hard in all my life! You two were put together by God and will be forever friends. I think of you like family and I love you dearly! I have many photographers on my facebook page in comparision, you are by far the best! All those years of pictures and videos with you and Stacy should have been a clear indication of your true talent - and let me tell you - you are talented. And Stacy - tears :***( you are strikingly beautiful and I am a proud Mama - can't wait to meet Sophia. I love you girls! Thank you Larissa for doing this for Stacy! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG! The second to last sunset picture is the best ever.
    -corina

    ReplyDelete